Monday, August 5, 2013

4 weeks old

Isabel is 4 weeks old and is growing well. She is 13 pounds 6 ounces today and is 23 and a quarter inches long! We are getting into the swing of breastfeeding, and have especially gotten good at nursing in the night. When she makes a noise in the night I just roll her close to me, latch her on and usually I fall back asleep. I know some people might have a problem with this, but there is more and more research showing that mom and baby's sleep cycles get in sync when they sleep together -- with mom sleeping lighter while baby is nursing so that there really is no danger of rolling onto the baby. From my experience, I sleep very lightly when she's next to me and scoot her away from me once she's done eating. It's made for a less fussy night for both of us!



I am getting more confident bringing her places and getting out of the house. She's a trooper -- easy to bring along, easily latches on to eat, easily sleeps -- we're so lucky to have such a happy baby!

We've also gotten a couple of smiles this week. We're still not sure if they're actually in response to our faces or just synapses firing in her brain, but either way we enjoy them a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment