Friday, April 17, 2015

21 months

Isa is so. much. fun. I don't know what else to say but that.


Spring is here, and we're out the door. We open the windows and sing and dance all day. It's amazing what happy weather can do for the soul. It's so much easier to pick up and go. Plus Isa can put her own shoes on now. I say, "grab your shoes, let's go." And we do.

The bad news is: Patrick and I both lost our jobs (my online teaching through WSU, his job at Hinsdale) for Fall. Ugh. We are seriously bummed and stressed, being in limbo like this again. There is hope Patrick might get hired back on for Fall, but it remains to be seen. I'm applying for adjunct teaching, but the pay for that wouldn't even cover the rent, let alone food, or childcare. It's an uphill battle in this world we live in. Each time we encounter a stress that's unique to the American way of doing things, it makes me work harder to get to Uruguay. I've been enough places in the world to know that this daily stress doesn't exist everywhere, and we don't have to put up with it.

Okay, now pretty pics of Isa, and our trip to L.A. (we didn't get to Come on Down on Price is Right, but still had fun!)

















No comments:

Post a Comment